This is the website of Proinsight Research Ltd.
At Proinsight, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website and have partnerships or agreements with us, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, having an agreement or partnership with us, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
What information do we collect?
The personal information we collect might include:
- Personal identification information (your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, contact number, IP address)
- Your preferences (email communications, general habits and hobbies)
- Your employment information (job title, place of work and company information)
- Information regarding what website pages are accessed, when and how long they were used for
- Your bank details (personal or company)
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about products and services, you join our shopper team or if you register to receive one of our newsletters.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- register you as a Mystery Shopper
- pay you for mystery shopping work
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notify you of changes to our services;
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include campaigns, appeals, fundraising, promotions;
- provide you with login details to access or receive mystery shop reports or audits;
- process a job application.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our obligations. We will hold all your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract or agreement you hold with us.
How do we store your information?
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored. We work with third-party providers to ensure this is the case, more information on this can be found further in this Policy.
All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Data collected by Google Analytics data may be transferred outside the EEA for processing.
Proinsight would like to send you information about our products, services and mystery shops that we think you might be interested in.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may opt-out at a later date.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you want to receive direct marketing communications from us about mystery shopping and our exciting products and services, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information or in your profile.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given your prior consent. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email [email protected] or for Mystery Shoppers [email protected], or these can be updated within your online profile in ‘my privacy’.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
The Proinsight team has access to your information, this is for the services we provide to you above. Each Proinsight team member has agreed to a policy on how to protect and store your personal information.
In the case of our Mystery Shopping reports, as a shopper, when providing details on your survey form you’re agreeing for these details to be shared with our clients and their partners. In some cases, you may be able to give fictitious details. We may ask, in your survey form, for details such as your name used on the mystery shop and the mobile number you gave for the follow-up call, this allows the client to identify your customer journey, and in some cases, remove your details from their databases. The details that are written and submitted on your form will be shared with the client. We will never ask for your Personal-Sensitive data on our survey forms and where possible will always try to reduce the amount we ask for your Personal data too. Should you wish for your details to be removed from the client’s database, you must follow their steps on how to do this (traditionally this is written in Privacy Policies).
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as bank account details) is encrypted and protected. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we use best endeavours to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and change it regularly.
Third-Party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example our management information systems and to send you e-mail or text message communication).
However, when we use third-party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond the Proinsight network for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”).
By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK.
By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
What are your data protection rights?
Proinsight would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection right.
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Proinsight for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Proinsight correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Proinsight to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Proinsight erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Proinsight restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – you have the right to object to Proinsight’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to request that Proinsight transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details written in this policy.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as you maintain an account or as otherwise necessary to provide you with the Services. We will also retain your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The length of time for which we retain mystery shopping results for our clients, which may or may not hold personal data, will be outlined in our Service Agreement with you.
If you have questions about our data retention practices, please contact us through [email protected]
Cookies (not the tasty kind!)
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visited behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Giving you a better experience
What types of cookies do we use?
- Functionality – Proinsight uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you were in. A mix of 1st party and 3rd party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Proinsight uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Proinsight sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies without advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
Set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies entirely from your browser.
Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Privacy Policies of other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our website.
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Google Analytics is used to analyse traffic to this website. Google Analytics does not create individual profiles for visitors. Unlike some tracking services, Google Analytics does not have a database of individual profiles for each visitor. Google Analytics only collects aggregate data.
16 or under
Proinsight does not currently accept clients or Mystery Shoppers under the age of 16. Please do not register with us if you are under 16 years old. If you register with us and are under this age your personal data will be held in accordance with this policy
Review of this policy
How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding this policy, our privacy practices, the data we hold on you or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Email: [email protected]
Address: Proinsight Research Ltd, 410 Metal Box Factory, Southwark, London SE1 0HS.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Proinsight has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office
Email: [email protected]
Address: Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow Cheshire, SK9 5AF